Friday, July 22, 2011

Acting again, after 18 years off the boards

I began live theater acting when I was 12 years old. I was involved in a variety of shows, mostly spoken and some musicals, until 1994.

I gave it up for a long time, and finally managed to try out and win a role at the Vero Beach Theater Guild.

I will be in Arthur Miller's 'All My Sons', playing the climactic character 'George Deever.' You might recall this play from it's recent Broadway return, with John Lithgow and Katie Holmes, from a short time ago. It made the news primarily over Mrs. Tom Cruise's -- Holmes' -- first appearance on Broadway.

The show runs from Sep 15-25th. Come see it! Go to http://www.verobeachtheatreguild.com/ - and get tickets online, or call in. ALL MY SONS is the season's first show.

It is an intense drama, with powerful twists and turns, and even has a bit of an aviation angle.

- Jon

Posted via email from Jon Osterholm :: WMBC :: posterous

No comments: