Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Endeavour's final launch, approx. 9 am, May 16, 2011

Greetings from Florida!
 
From Vero Beach, one can see the KSC launches by along many north-south roads, it so happens. Attached are two photos (1 and 2) I took along a road that runs parallel to US 1. The third (3) was taken as I cruised along US 1, unencumbered by traffic, close to the corner of US 1 and Aviation Blvd., Vero Beach, Florida (you can make out the traffic lights hanging across the road in the photo). Look that up on a map site and you'll see able to see exactly where the pictures were taken from.
 
Excuse the quality, these were taken with a low-res cell phone camera.
 
I have to admit, as many of these launches as I've seen, I will be missing the shuttles!
 
Please share if you wish.
 

Posted via email from Jon Osterholm's posterous

No comments: